Friday, September 16, 2011

How old am I?

My littlest girl is seven, we call her Beana. So Beana and I were talking the other day and she asked me if there were birds at the same time as dinosaurs. I am no paleontologist so I really have no Flippin' clue! So I tell her "I don't know, I think there were like Pterodactyls or something but they weren't really birds." Beana says, "mom, why don't you know you are full grown already..." That is the second time she's asked me what it was like when the dinosaurs were here... Apparently I am so old that it is no longer appropriate to use words like "rad" or "awesome" anymore, Beana started saying stuff like "sick" and "what's crackin'". My 10 year old daughter told me that I was a dork for rocking out to Cyndi Lauper "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"! I told her it's the all time girls anthem and I continued car dancing! she says, I'm a nerd right along with her friends mom (WHO APPARENTLY ROCKS OUT TO THAT SONG IN HER CAR JUST LIKE I DO) and my dance moves are RETARDED! Today Beana yelled "BAM" at me and I looked at her funny and was like "what was that?" She yelled it again and said "DUH mom I just dissed on you."  So, I guess 35 is the new 100, and according to Beana "I'm Burnt"!

No comments:

Post a Comment