Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bad Luck

I'm sure a lot of you think you have bad luck, but you haven't met me yet... My life is kinda like that cartoon, what is it "Kathy" or something? IDK. You know, the kind of luck where if something can go wrong it will. Yep thats me... V (my boyfriend) and I decided to take the kids to Disneyland/California adventure this summer, so please tell me who goes to Disneyland and has 6 rides break down while your on them (not 1 but 6), has their rental car get hit in the hotel parking lot, gets charged double for the hotel room, has one of their daughters lose their purse with her spending money she saved for a year in it, misses their flight home, etc... I could go on, but you get where I'm going. So last week V gets free tickets from a vendor to the KE$HA concert, (I know exciting right??!!). We decide to take our three older daughters to the concert. We are going to surprise the kids, but V tells his baby mama about it and she tells his daughter (sucks, but oh well). I don't tell my two girls about it though, partially because I want to surprise them, and partly because the younger one has Tourette's syndrome (she gets a lot of tics when she's excited, nervous, tired, etc...) So I tell my girls to get ready cause we are leaving Hicksville,  no later than 5pm to head to V's daughters house which is about an hour drive. I tell them we are going out to a nice dinner so dress cute. Since it was a Sunday they spent all day getting ready. (Girls, they have to do laundry, try on at least 50 outfits, do their make-up five times 'til they get it perfect, do each others hair in some crazy style they'd never wear to school.) You can see why its an all day thing. So by the time V pulls in from work to pick us up they are getting excited to go somewhere and strut their stuff. We leave a little late because now V wants to change his clothes (If you know a black man or are married to one, then you'll know that they have to IRON EVERYTHING) takes him like a half hour to go anywhere. He's worse than me, ANNOYING! Finally, we head out of this God foresaken town to the concert. On our way to pick up V's daughter we get a flat tire! I'm irritated because V has custom wheels and tires so they are not the most practical, when you get a flat it's a few hundred dollars down the drain and most places don't even want to touch them to fix them... So V says "awwwwhhhh crap, I don't think I left my spare in the trunk." We  check and he does have it, but guess what? HE TOOK THE FRICKIN' TOOLS TO CHANGE IT OUT! What a nerd! V calls his baby mama since we are about two miles from her house, and like an hour away from ours, hoping she has a jack and some tools he can use to change it. She says no. Of course she does, cause we have the worst luck ever. Then V calls a cousins ex-wife he knows who lives in that area, after about 20 min she shows up with a jack that doesn't fit our car! (IT'S SUCKIN' PRETTY BAD RIGHT ABOUT NOW!) She happens to have AAA so she offers to let us use it, we gratefully accept. Thirty min. later the tow truck guy shows up, (concert starts in half hour) he won't touch V's tire cause it's custom and if he puts V's spare on which is not "custom" then it will throw off the back end ruining the differential!!!!! (OMG, I'M SO FLIPPIN' PISSED RIGHT NOW, at V not the tow truck driver) As a woman, I'm just thinking how stupid to have fancy ass tires on a car when you live in Hicksville USA. I mean don't we get stared at enough already. Then on top of it, you really don't even have the right kind of spare to fix a flat if you get one, AND no tools. I mean those low profile tires get flats if you drive over a TOENAIL! But that nice tow truck driver offered to drive us 60 miles back to Hicksville, wasn't that nice of him?... We missed the concert, but the consolation prize was getting to hear the tow truck driver talk about how FAT him and his daughter are... Then, he kept saying how it doesn't bother him to be fat. ARE YOU FRICKIN' KIDDING? THEN WHY IS THAT ALL YOU TALKED ABOUT FOR THE HOUR DRIVE HOME! Anyway, now that we were going to drop a few extra hundred on the tire getting fixed we didn't really think we should spend a lot on dinner so we had Carl's Jr. (the girls really lost out on this deal). Oh well, better luck next time. Or NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment