Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Continuation of "BAD LUCK"

Okay, so just about the time I finished my post last night I drove over to my oldest daughter Risa's volleyball game. I'm totally amped because it's her first high school game, and I kinda pushed her to go out for the team. I think I was more excited than she was when she made the team. I even had a sweatshirt made for her with a volleyball & her name on the back (I know, I am a pretty cool mom. Don't hate!) Of course then my mother told me you should never do that because then pedifiles call out your kids last name, act like they know them, and snatch them up! (WTF) Anyways, back to the game... I pull up to her school right on time, 5 min. 'til the game starts. My daughter had called earlier to tell me she saved me a seat since there wasn't very many set up (She's a sweetheart, must take after me of course!) I walk into the gym with my two youngest daughters and they have a booth set up and they are charging people. Now I'm a little taken back because they've never charged for freshman games... I mean, i went to school here my parents went to school here and NEVER EVER have they charged for freshman. So I assume they are charging for the varsity game in the other gym, and I start walking in. Please tell me why the lady stops me and says "ma'am, I have to charge everyone" I say, "Your charging for the freshman game too?" she says "yes, I have to charge everyone, it's $6 for adults and $4 for children" I start looking around like a caged animal, one because I only have $1 in my purse, and two because I got this horrible sick feeling in my stomach because I know I'm going to miss my daughters first freshman game! I ask if they take debit cards, but I'm still not sure why I asked since I just spent my last $30 on gas. I didn't really think it was a big deal at the time since I'd just go to work today and make some more $$. So I tell the lady at the door that they've never charged for freshman and I was not prepared to pay $14 for the game, she says "sorry". I yell "IT'S NOT OKAY! MY DAUGHTER IS PLAYING AND I'M GOING TO MISS HER GAME, IT'S NOT OKAY, NOT AT ALL!" So now all the people that were in the surrounding area probably think I'm crazy. (what's new, my ex-husband called me that for years) Now, I walk outside and pace back and forth for a minute trying to figure out if I take my two little girls and teach them how to sneak into the gym through the side door... I felt guilty, so I finally just start crying and leave. It was AWFUL! By the time I reach my car I'm in hysterics, (i don't know why? cause I'm frickin' crazy I guess). I call V over the bluetooth while I'm crying and driving home. He gets upset that I'm crying like that in front of the little kids, and tells me to pull it together. He says Risa will have plenty more games, and I argue that they won't be her first freshman game and how flippin' horrible is it that nobody sent out a note or something saying they were going to start charging! I argue that I can never get that moment in my daughters life back, there will never be another first high school game. So after all the drama, I go back to work and do some more hair. (you know so I can pay for the next freshman game! UUUGGGHHH!) So today, determined to have a better day, I made my favorite comfort food in the crock pot for dinner.... Homemade chicken noodle soup! Yum, I'm feeling better already... I guess it helped that my client told me some really disgusting story that made me crack up and throw up in my mouth at the same time too lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment