Monday, December 23, 2013

Why is Christmas so exhausting?!

Woke up early this morning, my belly tied in knots worrying about Ris (my daughter). Vern must have felt it because he turned over and gently rubbed my back, then asked if I was okay? ... We talked, we cried, we got up and got ready for work. We both had to work today, even though it's Sunday,  one of the perks of Christmas time/self-employment NOT (a perk I mean)! Anyways, I took the two little girls to get biscuits and gravy from the local Dairy Mart, then on to get coffee & hot chocolate at Starbucks! Oddly enough this older woman, about 65, stopped me in the parking lot to chat me up it seems like I run into her every time I go to starbucks. The ODD part it she always talks to me like I've known her forever but I have no clue who she is, I've never met the lady before! Anyways I'm always nice, I listened to her story about her eye surgery and a funeral she attended  then wished her a merry Christmas before heading to work. I had four clients; one women's color/cut , and three little girl cuts. Everything went smoothly, I got out of work on time, then headed to my parents to pick up the littles (kids that is), had a nice little chat/cry with my parents, then headed off to go shopping. We were at the mall for probably half hour, it was quite interesting they had a llama in the mall to advertise products crafted from alpaca wool, Bella was completely enamored! We finished our shopping went to the grocery store, grabbed dinner and headed for home. Then V called, "hey baby I need some help Christmas shopping, would you help me?" So I did... Then as soon as I walked in the door and dropped to the couch to relax, Bella starts screaming of her back hurting! She cries so hysterically for 15 min that V insists we take her to the ER! Long story short, she has a bladder infection. So at 11:00pm I finally get home, Cayla and I wrap a few gifts, and now I FINALLy got to sit down! I'm sooooooo exhausted, and I didn't even get the cookies made! Dang, better luck tomorrow I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment