Friday, December 20, 2013

Heartbroken

After a tumultuous two days of boyfriend problems, emotional issues, and health problems, my 16yr old daughter has chosen to go live with her father for a period of time. I swore I'd never let my girls go live with him after he left us for drugs while I was 4 months pregnant with our third child... It's been over 10 yrs now, he is clean, stable (working), and remarried. I felt it was my only option to keep her safe, get her the medical help she needed, and get her away from the young man who has been so toxic to her. As I watched her walk through the gates to board the plane I sobbed silently on my mothers shoulder, wishing that pain in my chest and the darkness creeping in on my soul would go away. It didn't...Hicksville got a little darker today now that my sunshine is across the country. My other two daughters seem to be doing ok, V is struggling but trying his best to stay strong for me, I love him even more for that. It killed me to see him cry today when he hugged her and told her goodbye for now, and for the first time in nine years of us being together I heard him tell her he loves her. It will be my first Christmas away from my beautiful girl, I hope she knows how much I love her. I'll leave a light on baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment