Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Been a while... OK FOREVER! I hope this finds you in good spirits!

Soooooooooo, it's been a while... To bring you up to speed, I'm still residing in Hicksville USA, I opened my own salon last December (craziest thing I've ever done), my middle daughter who home schools just decided to try public school again this year, my teenager hates me more than she likes me, Beana is 9 😢, and yes V is still one of the only black men in Hicksville! I've been pretty busy getting my salon (which I will probably be referring to as "the shop" from now on) going. I have 3 stylists two of which do mani/pedi also, a nail tech, and a massage therapist.  I have been very blessed to have such an amazing clientele who have followed me on all my salon adventures!
   Tonight I lay here on my couch with my Red Fuzzy Blankie (it's my favorite), the heaters blasting warm comforting air, Christmas music filling the room, my bare naked Christmas tree staring at me, Bo Stern's book "Beautiful battlefields" on the arm rest of the couch, reflecting on my life and the current season. I feel as if I'm in the middle of a swirling vortex, or the eye of a tornado. My life with all it's problems, the world filled with chaos and troubles, peoples sadness and turmoil  this beautiful Christmas season, swirling around me. Yet in the midst of this I'm so profoundly aware of how lucky I am. I count my blessings one by one til they explode like the stars in the sky. I think of those less fortunate than myself, those suffering great pain or grief, broken families & hearts.  This Christmas I find myself adorned in a robe of peace and of hope. My prayer tonight is that everyone would be able to find whatever solace your heart is searching for, if even just for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment