Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weekend away

I booked a weekend at the coast for my 17 yr old daughter Ris, however since she moved and the trip was non-refundable I took my two lil girls and my parents instead. We pulled up to our destination which was described very luxuriously on Groupon, and from the outside the hotel was so run down I wanted to run crying back home. When I went inside to check in however, I was pleasantly surprised. It was very clean, nice , and the staff was extremely hospitable... Our Suite wasn't ready yet so we went for coffee, when we came back and got our room keys they said they were upgrading us to a master suite for our wait, YAY! When we went inside it was very spacious. It had two bedrooms a kitchen, and living room. I was a little disappointed though I was thinking fancy, and I got my grandmothers UN-remodeled old house (not really but it looked and smelled like that), THE perk was the large flat screen on the wall in the living room. Problem was, you had to sit on a broke down looking futon type thing with springs poking your butt and your back! UUUGGGHHH! I was determined to enjoy myself though, so we settled in and got a movie. First night=OK. Next day, we went to the beach for a bit. My mom, being disabled now, couldn't go for very long, but it was refreshing to get out. At lunch we all laughed and had a great time til I got a call from Risa's dad telling me she was a pill at the doctors... Frustrating when your teenagers act up. Of course they know everything and don't need to listen to anything we say right?... Totally ruined my lunch. My middle daughter Cayla wanted to go shopping at the outlet mall after we ate, so we stopped and went into a couple shops. I got a new bra so I was stoked! (It's a sad day when underwear shopping thrills you!) My mom was tired so I took her and Cayla back to the room to rest and I took Bella for a long walk on the beach to get some of her endless energy out. It was fun, we found lots of shells and got to look in the tide pools at the sea anemones. We ended our night with a game of "Clue" and some Nachos that my dad made. Day 2=Pretty Good-daughter drama. Today we played on the beach some more, I laughed when my mom had to try and run, to escape the incoming surf, with her cane. She squealed like a little kid, and almost fell down!  The funny part was when she thought she was going fast, but she was really just sticking her neck out farther! She kinda looked like "Turbo" for a second! I told her that, she didn't think it was that funny... We ended our day at the Arctic Circle drive thru, they have the best fry sauce, before heading back to good ole Hicksville...

No comments:

Post a Comment